Qualified – Train the trainer, Advanced Trainer Leave No Trace Principles, Certified group facilitation and first aid.
For those anglers starting lure fishing in saltwater there are often many skills to learn and numerous equipment requirements and choices to be made. This can prove daunting to the beginner or even the experienced fishermen. With more than 30 years of bass fishing experience and working at my eight year as a bass fishing guide my saltwater lure & fly fishing workshops are designed to help you fully understand the equipment, and also to help you learn about presentation, advanced lure fishing techniques, and why it is important to understand various species their habitats, influences and life cycles.
You will also learn how and where to purchase and use the best equipment. Having completed the courses you will have a comprehensive understanding of this intriguing and fast developing aspect of saltwater fishing, each customer is provided with over one hundred pages of notes and continued e-mail support - plus I bet too we can have some fun along the way as we spend as much time as possible with practical application on the water.
Summary details ONE-DAY Workshop Lure fishing
Session One at the SEAi Centre – 3hrs morning
- Bass, mullet and seatrout a species overview
- Seasons, breeding, timings, feeding patterns
- History of, in Ireland
- General behaviour in locations like estuaries, rocky shores, open sandy beaches
- Discover how to read tides properly and the effects they have on our fishing.
- Understanding the finer points of weather influences on the Wexford coast
- Winds, Rain and its effects
- Air temperature
- Water temperature
- Discovering and understanding location development and bass patterns
Lure fishing gear · Rod types and their different applications · Suitable reels · Braids, fluorocarbons, mono and clips · Line loading · Unique fluorocarbon and mono knots for braid · Lures fishing and rigging · Lure choice and type (recommendations) · Surface lure fishing · Sub surface lure fishing · Surface baits and jerk baits · Soft baits · Metal baits
Catch and Respect – an integral part of the fishing
Because of the range of subjects we will continue together on the water after lunch this allows us to integrate the workshop with your personal experiences at sea.
Break for Lunch at The Yard Restaurant
Session Two on the water – 3 hours afternoon and evening
- Safety and a quick location audit for your safety and fish handling
- How best to stay comfortable and safe when fishing
- Learning 'Location development' over a tide
- Watercraft and ‘running down the fish’ · Correct presentations
- Lure choice and selection for any given time and location type
- Catch and Return – it’s much more than returning fish (discussions)
- An emphasis on returning fish even before and after the designated 'closed season' as conditions dictate
- An emphasis on NOT killing mature fish but returning them
- Fish handling regarding leaving the fish in the water when releasing
- Playing and then landing the fish –
- What to do over sand, rocks and other difficult areas
- De-hooking, Handling, Photographing
- Returning and recovery OR proper dispatching of fish and reviewing the legislation
Reviewing the different types of lure rods and their applicability to different types of lure fishing · The lure profile, colour, its action and its role in fishing when conditions are tough · Fishing and you—common errors to avoid and positive aspects to enhance · Advanced fishing tactics and strategies · Confidence when handling and returning fish and making super photographs Learning to apply your skills to a range of different saltwater fish.
Conclusion Photos and notes
Costs of workshop with options – Under 17’s with parent no charge
Option One - bespoke to your requirements Tea/Coffee on arrival
Saltwater Lure Fishing Workshop
Including Lunch at The Yard Restaurant Total Fee €165.00 for one person - €215.00 for two people (total) - €265.00 for three people (total).
Option Two - bespoke to your requirements One night stay with B+B 100 metres from SEAi HERE Tea/Coffee and light refreshments during your day
Including Lunch at The Yard Restaurant Total Fee €215.00 for one person – €255.00 for two people – 2 people maximum.