Friday 23 October 2009

T minus 20 and counting destination Andros

I guess at some time I had to really start thinking about it - for the first time in months its finally started to hit me. Location, location, location. No amount of preparation, equipment or planning can replace the natural bounty that I expect to experience at Andros South . It is, most definitely, the location for bonefish. In twenty days time that’s where I’ll be.

South Andros Island is widely known as the Bonefishing Capital of the World. With the island's endless, diverse flats, the opportunities for my fly fishing and photography are boundless.

I expect to find and to fish to schools of bonefish that average 2 to 4 pounds, with larger fish apparently swimming with the schools. I will also hope to make many shots at tailing and cruising bonefish ranging from 5 to 10 pounds plus. These opportunities will come while wading hard sand and marl flats or being poled along in one of the fully equipped flats skiffs.

One of the pieces of equipment that I used last year and this for my bass fishing will travel with me to Andros. The simms Dry creek flats pack is an indispensible piece of equipment. Holding my two fly boxes, tippet material, first aid, spare spools, pliers and camera its a great piece of comfortable gear. Long lasting and tough. I guess i'll just have to include insect repellent, lip balm, high grade sun factor and water on the list.....

New Website

The beginning AND the end…

Forwarded to - The Irish Bass Policy Group (David McInerny, John Quinlan, Shane O Reilly, Mike Hennessy, Dr William Roche, Dr Nial O'Ma...