Thursday 5 November 2009

T Minus 8 and counting - destination Andros

Preparing for a trip to the other side of the world in order to fish certainly makes you focus on making correct decisions regarding a number of items. Working as a fishing guide in my own environment I have every aspect covered, timings, gear, fly choice, line type, casting distance, in Andros I will be in the safe hands of Bruce Chard

Getting there : I started with my luggage requirements. I need to bring four rods as not only will I be fishing the flats but I will also have the opportunity to spend two days offshore. This immediately increased not only my luggage demands but also line and reel choices which I will look at later. Considering that my living is made from my fishing equipment I needed something to transport all this gear safely around the world whilst carrying, clothing, reels, flies and camera equipment. My choice was the Fishpond Rolling Rod and Gear Bag This unique, wheeled travel piece stores four 33” rod tubes in its bottom-moulded compartment. Top compartment stores vests, chest packs, clothing, waders, etc. I felt that the Chinook’s rugged construction and materials would ensure that my gear will arrive safely and in one piece. I got this tip from a guide - cover you luggage with a bag and tape down - it wont be targeted as a bunch of fishing tackle!

www.deneki.com

New Website

The beginning AND the end…

Forwarded to - The Irish Bass Policy Group (David McInerny, John Quinlan, Shane O Reilly, Mike Hennessy, Dr William Roche, Dr Nial O'Ma...