Wednesday 8 September 2010

The spirit of where the fish lives

























Yesterday I fly fished with David Jean Yves and for a little while with Seamus. During the afternoon the sun shone, the wind blew strong and the sea picked up. Clean clear and fizzing with life. My heart was racing as I felt the energy of expectation.

I managed to take two fish in an environment that for me has become the essence of bass fishing - the challenge of remaining safe whilst casting into a strong head wind with breaking white seas and current, trying to fly fish is without doubt one of my favourite experiences.

It was enhanced in many ways yesterday, the personal history attached to the location, the weather, the battle to fight, land and return the fish, and the company of good friends.

New Website

The beginning AND the end…

Forwarded to - The Irish Bass Policy Group (David McInerny, John Quinlan, Shane O Reilly, Mike Hennessy, Dr William Roche, Dr Nial O'Ma...