Qualified – Train the trainer, Advanced Trainer Leave No Trace Principles, Certified group facilitation and first aid.
A Saltwater fly tying / fly fishing workshop
Learn to tie and to fish unique flies and patterns , that swing, for sea trout and bass.
Morning session – 09:30 – 12:30
Tying flies that swing, with Brian
- Fly types
- Balance and colour
Lunch at The Yard restaurant
Afternoon session – 14:00 – 17:30
Fishing the flies that swing, with Jim – using the flies you’ve tied
- Location selection
- Line types
- Leader construction and essentials
- Reading the current
- Swinging the fly, the different types of swing and when to make them
- Single handed and Switch rod line determinations and presentations
Workshops available on demand (when conditions allow) two people only per day
- Rods - TFO – Deer Creek & Echo3, switch rods # 5 #6 & #7’s @ 11’-0” – 300-550 grains
- Lines – Rio Switch line 7/8, Guideline PT and Vision ACE – Rio outbounds 11F
- Leaders – Rio VersiLeaders various options (accordingly fit to circumstances)
- Reels – Echo Ion 8/10 – Vison Nite (saltwater resistant NOT proof)
- Line tray – available here shortly
“Using traditional presentation techniques to catch fish that are holding in current to feed adds so much to saltwater fly fishing that it should be explored for the pure joy of discovery. Engaging the difficulties of proper presentation is perhaps the most wonderful part of fishing with a fly rod.
The simplicity of casting a long line and stripping back a fly is a way of fishing with the fly rod but it bypasses the full scope that understanding and using traditional presentation techniques encompasses.
A true “new and exciting frontier” for saltwater fly fishing would be to embrace and explore the central and fundamental role that reading current understanding drag and skilful presentation have always played in fly fishing. To understand these energies and use them artfully is the essential core of what it has always meant to be a knowledgeable and gifted fly fisherman”
Ken Abrames -
Conclusion Photos and notes
Costs of workshop with options
Option One - bespoke to your requirements Tea/Coffee on arrival Saltwater Lure Fishing Workshop
Including Lunch at The Yard Restaurant Total Fee €165.00 for one person - €200.00 for two people
Option Two - bespoke to your requirements One night stay with B+B 100 metres from SEAi HERE Tea/Coffee and light refreshments during your day Saltwater Lure Fishing Workshop
Including Lunch at The Yard Restaurant Total Fee €205.00 for one person – € 255 for two people total – 2 people maximum.