Sunday 2 September 2012

Academic writings and scientific data – A bass library

I have included on the bottom left hand panel of the site some informational journal extracts and publications in relation to bass, these are available as downloads. I have more which I will add over time some less technical others more so.

I am not a scientist nor a fisheries biologist so most of the time find the interpretation of the reports to be difficult and a lot of the time beyond me! I do hope that you can have a look at and read some of the more interesting reports / extracts and I also hope that they might help to understand some of the finer points of the fish in Irish and UK waters - areas like maturity, effects of temperature, year classes, influences, growth rates, populations, movements, commercial data, forage and many other determining factors.

1-DSC_5115I will also be including data that is available from the US striped bass fishery.

If you are aware of any other documents that are currently publicly available and that you might consider helpful and you would like for them to be included in this library collection then please don’t hesitate to contact me at sportfishing@eircom.net

These documents can be downloaded directly from this site on the left hand panel or from Scribd – just click HERE to link to the library.

Jim Hendrick

New Website

The beginning AND the end…

Forwarded to - The Irish Bass Policy Group (David McInerny, John Quinlan, Shane O Reilly, Mike Hennessy, Dr William Roche, Dr Nial O'Ma...